Zantac Lawsuit Settlements
Thousands of Zantac injury lawsuits have been filed in courts across the country, claiming that the popular heartburn drug is responsible for causing complications, severe injury, and death.
These lawsuits are still in the early stages, so no cases have gone to trial.
Nor have any plaintiffs settled their disputes privately.
However, in time, settlements are likely.
Rosen Injury Lawyers has compiled a guide that should provide you with all the info you require. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to give us a call at any time.
- 1 Why Are People Filing Zantac Injury Lawsuits?
- 2 From Which Drug Companies Are Sick Americans Seeking Damages?
- 3 Who is Eligible to Seek a Settlement in a Zantac Injury Lawsuit?
- 4 Has Anyone Received a Settlement in a Zantac Injury Case?
- 5 When Are Zantac Victims Likely to Receive Settlements?
- 6 How Large Are Zantac Settlements Likely to Be?
- 7 How Can a Lawyer Help Sick Americans Pursue Zantac Settlements?
- 8 Contact Rosen Injury Lawyers for More Info About Zantac Lawsuit Settlements
Why Are People Filing Zantac Injury Lawsuits?
Zantac (ranitidine) was one of the most popular drugs in the United States for more than 40 years.
It was an H2 blocker that patients took to treat an assortment of illnesses, including:
- Stomach ulcers
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Zollinger-Ellison syndrome
- Erosive esophagitis
On September 13, 2019, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) released a study that showed prescription and over-the-counter Zantac contained excessively high levels of N-nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA).
Both the FDA and the World Health Organization (WHO) categorize this contaminant as a known human carcinogen.
Because of the clear cancer risks of NDMA contamination, the FDA issued a statement ordering drug manufacturers to withdraw Zantac and generic ranitidine drugs from the market on April 1, 2020.
Unfortunately, by the time the FDA made this move, many Americans had already developed cancers such as:
- Esophageal cancer
- Lung cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Liver cancer
- Stomach cancer
- Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma
- Small intestine cancer
Now, people who became ill after taking Zantac are filing lawsuits against pharmaceutical companies because they:
- Manufactured and sold defective drugs, and
- Failed to warn the public about the dangers of their drugs
Would you like to have the skilled legal team at Rosen Injury Lawyers help you file a product liability claim against a drug manufacturer? If so, please do not hesitate to give us a call or contact us online. We have many years of experience in the industry, and we are ready to fight for you.
From Which Drug Companies Are Sick Americans Seeking Damages?
To date, more than 1,000 Americans have filed lawsuits because they got cancer after taking Zantac or generic ranitidine drugs for a long period of time.
The defendants in these cases include the following pharmaceutical companies:
- Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, and
The experienced legal team at Rosen Injury Lawyers has been filing cases against organizations like Pfizer and GlaxoSmithKline for years – achieving favorable results in the process. To have us help you go toe-to-toe with these multinational corporations, all you need to do is pick up the phone and give us a call. We are ready, willing, and able to assist.
Who is Eligible to Seek a Settlement in a Zantac Injury Lawsuit?
For an individual to be eligible to file a personal injury claim against a drug manufacturer that produced and sold a ranitidine drug, they should:
- Have regularly used Zantac or a generic ranitidine drug, and
- Have developed cancer as a result of their use of the medication
To recover a settlement in a claim of this nature, plaintiffs will most likely need to provide evidence like:
- Physicians letters
- Medical records
- Prescriptions, and
Do you believe that you may be eligible to file a Zantac cancer lawsuit? If so, please get in touch with Rosen Injury Lawyers as soon as you can.
We would be happy to review the details of your situation and let you know if you should move forward with your claim.
Has Anyone Received a Settlement in a Zantac Injury Case?
The vast majority of Zantac cancer lawsuits filed in the United States are now working their way through multidistrict litigation in Florida, under the supervision of Judge Robin L. Rosenberg. As such, no plaintiff has agreed to a settlement with a drug manufacturer yet.
Would you like to add your name to the growing list of plaintiffs pursuing a settlement through this MDL? If so, please get in touch with the seasoned legal team at Rosen Injury Lawyers. We will be more than happy to file the necessary legal documents on your behalf.
When Are Zantac Victims Likely to Receive Settlements?
There is no way to accurately tell when Zantac injury victims are likely to begin receiving the settlements they require to cover their medical costs and other expenses.
However, it is unlikely that injured individuals will be able to recover any compensation until the latter half of 2022 at the very earliest.
Almost all of the Zantac injury claims in the MDL in the state of Florida are in the pre-trial discovery phase. Eventually, a few of these cases will go to trial in federal court in front of Judge Robin L. Rosenberg.
The outcome of these suits will have a significant bearing on the amount of time the other plaintiffs will have to wait to receive a settlement.
Should the judge and jury rule that the drug companies are liable for all of the plaintiffs’ damages, it is likely that all parties will attempt to push for a global settlement to all of the ranitidine-related claims. In taking this step, they can help to ensure all sick and injured persons can recover the money they deserve quickly and efficiently.
If the pharmaceutical companies win the bellwether cases, however, each plaintiff is likely to have to argue their own suit in federal court. This could add years to the length of time they have to wait to receive a settlement.
If you would like to learn more about how multidistrict litigation functions or gain a clearer understanding of the importance of bellwether lawsuits, please do not hesitate to contact Rosen Injury Lawyers. We have years of experience in the legal field, and we would be more than happy to provide you with the answers to all of your questions and queries.
How Large Are Zantac Settlements Likely to Be?
It is impossible to accurately predict the amount of compensation people who got diagnosed with cancer after using a ranitidine product will get at the conclusion of their lawsuits.
When determining the amount of cash an injured party out to receive, courts are likely to look at factors such as:
- The cost of their immediate and ongoing medical treatment
- The fees associated with their therapy and rehabilitation
- The amount of time they missed from work due to their illness
- The effect their disease will have on their ability to earn an income
- The impact their health condition will have on their schooling
- The mental pain they endured due to their illness
- The effect their ailment will have on their overall quality of life
Courts are likely to award the most substantial settlements to people that developed permanent disabilities or life-long health problems after taking Zantac.
Most plaintiffs in Zantac litigation should be able to claim damages for:
- Medical expenses
- Rehabilitation costs
- Lost income
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
When Americans lose their lives after using over-the-counter Zantac, their families can file wrongful death claims against the drug manufacturer. The ones who choose to do so can typically seek damages for their:
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of inheritance
- Burial or cremation costs
At Rosen Injury Lawyers, we have been filing mass tort lawsuits on behalf of sick and injured Americans for years. We know what it takes to achieve favorable outcomes in these types of cases. If you would like to have our team help you battle for the compensation you deserve, please give us a call today.
How Can a Lawyer Help Sick Americans Pursue Zantac Settlements?
Hiring an experienced personal injury attorney is one of the best ways for a person who got cancer after using Zantac to safeguard their health and financial future.
Their legal representative can help them take legal action against the negligent drug manufacturer by:
- Conducting a thorough investigation into the cause of their illness
- Offering them sound legal guidance and advice as necessary
- Speaking with medical experts about the extent of their ailment
- Providing them with answers to any legal questions they may have
- Handling the administrative side of their Zantac injury lawsuit
- Walking them through the legal remedies that are available to them
- Studying the details of their illness and assessing their damages
- Helping them to understand how the legal process functions
- Communicating with the defendant’s attorneys on their behalf
- Looking for relevant evidence to support their claims
- Working out a settlement deal with the defendant’s lawyers
Would you like to have our skilled product liability attorneys help you fight for the settlement you deserve? If so, please get in touch with us today to schedule a free initial consultation at our offices in New York, Jenkintown, or Los Angeles. We are more than ready to go to battle for you.
Contact Rosen Injury Lawyers for More Info About Zantac Lawsuit Settlements
Do you need more info about Zantac lawsuit settlements?
If so, please do not hesitate to reach out to the knowledgeable legal team at Rosen Injury Lawyers.
We have years of experience in the legal industry, and we will be more than happy to answer all of your questions.